THREE ROOMS PRESS is inspired by Dada, Punk, and Passion. Are you? Let us know.
GENERAL SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
WHAT WE WANT:
We’re looking for exciting, new, “cut-the-edge” projects created with a sharp approach that stands apart from the mainstream, including:
Fiction: Think contemporary. Urban. Satire. Absurd. Historical that astonishes. Think detective/crime/gangster with a modern twist. Think humor and heart. Think powerful. Think interesting. Think utterly compelling and unique. At present, we are particularly interested in:
- Gutty, New York-based contemporary fiction
- New, unbelievably canny, hard-boiled millennial detective novel
- Imaginative LGBT YA that is more than just a thin romance
- Off-the-wall, gonzo satire of contemporary society
- Novels with science or technological themes
Nonfiction: Memoir. Biography. Phenomenal people. Extraordinary places. Creative history. Unconventional insight into modern life, music, food, money, business, trends. The kind of book you can’t put down. At present, we are particularly interested in:
- Biography/autobiography of strong and unusual notable (but perhaps overlooked?) women
- Well-researched and well-written nonfiction about the technological near-future, including transhumanism, climate change, food alternatives, and the disappearing self.
- Extremely well-written biography or memoir of scientists/technologists who have made a difference in the world.
HOW TO SUBMIT:
Send your proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org. Start with a provocative, thrilling, sensational, compact single-sentence description of your book. Then include the following:
- 1-2 paragraph synopsis of your book
- 3-4 comparable books published within the past 1-2 years (important!)
- A chapter-by-chapter outline
- The first three chapters of your book
- Your marketing plan and a description of how you can contribute to publicity
DO NOT send the full manuscript at this time.
We try to respond to every submission we receive, typically within six to eight weeks. If you don’t hear from us within eight weeks, you may assume that your title does not fit our needs at this time. But do feel free to submit other titles in the future.
NOTE: We are NOT currently considering poetry projects or short story collections and may not reply to queries about such projects. To uncover other publishing opportunities for these, we suggest you follow the threads at the Independent Book Publishers Association, Poets and Writers, and Duotrope, all of which are excellent organizations with contact information to independent publishers and literary journals.
Hot Tip: How to Get Our Attention!
Do DADA! Once a year, we publish Maintenant, A Journal of Contemporary Dada Writing and Art. We highly recommend that you get a copy of a previous issue to know what we are looking for. You can order a sample copy of a previous issue of Maintenant here.
**NOTE: Submissions for MAINTENANT 10 are NOW CLOSED. Check back next year. Submission period opens November 15, 2016.
Good luck! and KEEP CREATING!