Three Rooms Press is a fiercely independent New York-based publisher inspired by dada, punk and passion. We have a small core group of devoted people that we work with who are tops in the field. Currently we are not adding to our full-time staff, but we are always interested in connecting with new cut-the-edge creative people who want to work with us. Here’s the basic:
We have an ongoing need for Publicity Interns. You’ll be working directly with the co-publishers and editor, helping us promote our upcoming books and events. Some writing will be required for our monthly newsletter, press releases, event posting, emails, etc. You’ll also be doing some basic database management, event listing, posting to social media, and so on. We’re a very welcoming team, and your ideas will always be heard and taken into consideration, so don’t be afraid to speak up. As always, there will be some envelope stuffing, but don’t worry, we’ll help too. Also, fair warning: you’ll have to take a lot of photos of books. This position is 8-10 hours a week, including a half-day each week at TRP headquarters in Greenwich Village.This is an unpaid position, perfect for undergrads or grad students or anyone interested in the publishing industry. We’re happy to work with your school to provide school credit.
- Be able to write quickly and precisely
- Know your way around Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.
- Halfway decent photography skills preferred
- Interest in books, the book publishing industry, and indie presses
- Some basic knowledge of excel preferred
- A positive attitude
- Out-of-the-box thinking is a plus!
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Note: for this position we are looking for a three-month commitment.
Entry-level Production Assistant
Do you have skills in InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop? Are you interested in learning book production basics? Show us what you’ve got. This is a freelance position on an as-needed basis. We are looking for enthusiastic people who can take direction, follow a template, and produce results on time-sensitive material.
- Knowledge of InDesign, including how to apply styles, import text, and connect text boxes
- Basic knowledge of Illustrator and Photoshop
- Ability to take direction
- Time-management skills
- Love of literature
- Mac-based Creative Suite Program including InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- A positive attitude
Other positions come up frequently. Please check back here, or contact us with your skill set and we’ll keep your resume on file.Share This!