110218: Hey, Florida Man! Top Mystery Writers Offer Noir Tales Set in The Sunshine State
Three Rooms Press presents The Monthly at Cornelia Street Café
Mystery! Mayhem! Suspense!
FLORIDA HAPPENS NYC Book Launch
Friday, November 2, 6pm | Cornelia Street Café
29 Cornelia Street (Between Bleecker & W. 4th St.)
When it comes to Florida, no crime is too unusual and no criminal too peculiar to be impossible. Florida is the one state where fiction has to catch up to the headlines, and in FLORIDA HAPPENS: Tales of Mystery, Mayhem, and Suspense, today’s top mystery writers do not hold back!
Join Three Rooms Press as we celebrate the release of FLORIDA HAPPENS on Friday, Nov. 2 at Cornelia Street Cafe with readings and signings by contributors including Lawrence Block, Reed Farrel Coleman, Hilary Davidson, Debra Lattanzi Shutika, and Eleanor Cawood Jones.
- LAWRENCE BLOCK, New York Times bestselling author of the renowned Matthew Scudder mystery series (Eight Million Ways to Die)
- REED FARREL COLEMAN, New York Times bestselling author called “a hard-boiled poet” by NPR and the “One of the greatest voices in contemporary crime fiction,” by Lee Child
- HILARY DAVIDSON, author of the Lily Moore series and winner of the Anthony Award, as well as the Derringer, Spinetingler, and Crimespree awards.
- DEBRA LATTANZI SHUTIKA, author of Beyond the Borderlands and winner of the 2012 Chicago Folklore Prize
- ELEANOR CAWOOD JONES, author of A Baker’s Dozen: 13 Tales of Murder and More and Death is Coming to Town: Four Murderous Holiday Tales and more
Copies of FLORIDA HAPPENS will be available for purchase and signing. A portion of book sales will be donated to the Red Cross to support Hurricane Michael recovery efforts.
ABOUT THREE ROOMS PRESS
Three Rooms Press is a fierce New York-based independent publisher inspired by dada, punk and passion. Founded in 1993, it serves as a leading independent publisher of cut-the-edge creative, including fiction, memoir, poetry translations, drama and art. In addition, Three Rooms Press produces and promotes a variety of literary and cultural events in New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Brussels, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and more, including readings, plays, workshops and concerts. Three Rooms Press books are distributed in the U.S. and internationally by PGW/Ingram.