• Writing of press releases, book descriptions, author bios (journalism/communications students encouraged)
• Metadata collection (finding comparable titles, researching market)
• Social media marketing (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Tumblr)
• Proofreading and copyediting of marketing materials
• Event listings for our upcoming book launches
• Excellent writing skills
• Passion for books
• Social media experience
• Positive attitude
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Peter Carlaftes at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Three Rooms Press:
Three Rooms Press is a fierce New York-based independent publisher inspired by dada, punk, and passion. Founded in 1993, it serves as a leading independent publisher of cut-the-edge creative, including fiction, memoir, poetry translations, drama and art. In addition, Three Rooms Press produces and promotes a variety of literary and cultural events worldwide, including readings, plays, workshops, and concerts. Our authors include William Least Heat-Moon, Hala Alyan, Robert Silverberg, Meagan Brothers, Lawrence Block, Janet Hamill, Gerard Malanga and many more. Our books are distributed internationally at hundreds of indie bookstores, and at all the usual places online. We work extraordinarily hard to get brilliant writing into the world because we believe that reading books is fundamental to making society a better place.